I’ve told myself that I should be more adventurous on the beauty front and so I was. Although fake tanning is the norm for some, with my pale skin and all the things that could go wrong I’ve always been sceptical. However I took the plunge and tried it and here’s what I found.
To be honest I was quite worried, but my envy over other peoples great summer tans and my lack thereof provided me with enough guts to try it. I started by applying a small amount to my legs and after that I was hooked. (My boyfriend even had to ban me for fear I would make myself into a carrot).I used Lancôme Sôleil flash bronzer and was pleasantly surprised . It applied easily and smoothly in a mousse form and provided a subtle yet sun kissed look. The only thing I didn’t like about this product was the smell, which was not enjoyable in the least. However that is a small price to pay for a great tan in under an hour.
Here are some of my tips for fake tanning
- First and foremost exfoliate. This is probably one of the most well known tips but I couldn’t leave it out because of it’s great importance.
- Shave before you apply it otherwise you’ll get rid of it when you do shave.
- Use gloves. I made the rookie mistake of ignoring this and all that got me was dirty looking palms.
- Less is more. Apply and rub in small amounts at a time to make sure your tan is even and that you’re not going too dark.
- Use natural light to make sure you’re happy with the colour of your tan before you add more.